Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

ForumforsideForumforside  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log ind  

Nyt om McFly's album- review

Go down 
+3
Sidsel
McFlyLover<3
Line
7 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Line
Admin
Admin
Line

Antal indlæg : 1418
Registration date : 10/01/08

Nyt om McFly's album- review Empty
IndlægEmne: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyTors Jun 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Nu ved jeg ikke hvor mange af jer der har set det, men lægger det alligevel ind (:
Det er et review af McFly's nye sange. (:
Taget fra Dougiefied, som har fået det fra mcfly street team boards.

about the album:

the song list:
RADIOACTIVE
01. Everybody Knows (5.02)
02. One For The Radio (3.11)
03. Choke On The Sunshine (3.42)
04. Lies (4.11)
05. Fairytale Nightmare (4.56)
06. New Connection (3.04)
07. Don't Want Your History (1.41)
08. Worn Out Smiles (5.03)
09. The Heart Never Lies (4.23)
10. Do You Know? (2.56)
11. This Is A Threat, Not A Promise (3.41)
12. Lust In A Lonely City (6.38 )
13. Randomness - screams burps chants etc. (13.42)

and review about the album :

EVERYBODY KNOWS - 5:02

"Don't expect results because the kids round here just don't give a ***"

- Everybody Knows is the perfect way to open the album... The track introduces us all to McFly v2.0. For years, i've been looking for something good to say about this band, and i think that, after 45 seconds.. this is the world-wide smash they've been waiting for. Demos of this track have been flying around for months and many critics (including myself), has heard it and thought, same old McFly. But with the real album version, this is definately a sign of good things to come.

10/10

ONE FOR THE RADIO - 3:11
"Don't pretend you hate us, then you sing our songs, coz we all look the same in the dark"

- This is the first release from the album, and you can really tell McFly are now an indie band. Yes, i said it. McFly are now an indie band, the same league as Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand and Maximo Park. How have they turned indie? Well, they're pulling a fine indie trick. Release the worst song on the album.. Get people to love it, get it overplayed, then everyone will hate it. Kaisers did it with 'Ruby', Franz Ferdinand with 'Do You Want To?'. Yet, it's a good move. No matter how different people think this song sounds to the old stuff, it would not be out of place on third album; Motion In The Ocean.

5/10

CHOKE ON THE SUNSHINE - 3:42

"We know damn right that we should be hated, mis-intereptated, but do we actually give one? Go choke on the sunshine!"

- This is the summery song on the album, hence the '...Sunshine' title, and sees a mixture of Beach Boys surf rock and a darker side, more suited to Editors. Lead singer Danny Jones leads a chant of 'GO! CHOKE! GO! CHOKE!' more suited to a football crowd at the start of the song, but then can easily be edited out. Other than this, another stunner of a track from the lads.

8/10

LIES - 4:11

"You hate me, i love you, i don't smoke, but you do, so why should i disguise, myself behind your lies?"

- SOLO ALERT! Tom Fletcher takes over duties on this piano driven solo track. Despite what you'd think from the title and the key lyric, it's an upbeat track that sounds more like a ditty from the 1940s than anything McFly have ever recorded. This would be a perfect single choice for the boys, if only they'd all been involved in it. One of the best tracks on the album

9/10

FAIRYTALE NIGHTMARE - 4:56
"Nobody walked, and nobody dared talk, it's a minefield out there where you walk"

- This, ladies and gentlemen, is the SECOND best thing McFly have ever done (the best being the closing track, 'Lust In A Lonely City'). After the opening chords sounding like a dodgy 'Champagne Supernova', the song bursts into life, more along the lines of 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' by Green Day, or 'Fix You' from Coldplay's last album. This is definately single material, but do they want to risk one of their best tracks against commercial suicide? If McFly want to join the big boys, the answer's YES.

10/10

NEW CONNECTION - 3:04

"She ran away screaming for a new connection, coz everything had left her feeling down and desperate"

- A strange psychadelic track, with odd strums of an electric guitar, backed by drummer Harry Judd's constant beat, is possibly the STRANGEST thing McFly have ever done. Especially when bassist Dougie Poynter takes over vocal duties to reveal a post-Blink182 style yelp, which helps contrast this track to 'The Adventure' by Angels and Airwaves. Possible single, just for the sheer strangeness of it.

8/10

DON'T WANT YOUR HISTORY - 1:41

- Harry Judd FINALLY takes centre stage. After three albums, he's finally got his own track! But, to the disappointment of thousands of teenage girls, there's no singing from the drumming heart-throb. Just a solo effort on the drums that proves that he is one of the UK's best drummers. It leads nicely into the next track; Worn Out Smiles.

6/10

WORN OUT SMILES - 5:03

"Your worn out smiles, won't ruin me this time"

- After solo efforts from every other member of the band, the only most likely to go solo officially, Danny Jones, pops up with this. A minute of guitar crashing, ear deafening drumming and screams of 'NOT THIS TIME' fades out to a breezy Bruce Springsteen-like rock epic, in which Danny sings about life on the road, giving up nights out with the boys for 'bedtime glories' and the amount of fake people in the music industry. When the music fades at the end, Tom Fletcher is heard whispering 'Silence Is A Scary Sound'.. A nod to an old fan's favourite.

9/10

THE HEART NEVER LIES - 4:23

"We are the lovers, i hope you believe me"

- When i saw this on the tracklisting, i was honestly disappointed. I thought they were milking this track for all it's worth, and making the whole point of a Greatest Hits single worthless. However, i was shocked to hear a completely different recording. Opening with heavy drumming and a guitar solo Jimi Hendrix would be proud of, i knew this wasn't the track that lost out to a number one to Leona Lewis and Take That. This was McFly, putting right everything that was wrong with that single. Maybe if this version was released, it would've knocked the competition out of the water. Maybe McFly could turn even more indie and re-release it? I think so.

10/10

DO YOU NOW? - 2:56

- As this is a completely independent review and i can choose what i want to review, i will not reveal any lyrics or anything about this track at all, apart from 6 words and a rating:

SEXUALLY EXPLICIT.

SOUNDS LIKE THE KOOKS.

10/10

THIS IS A THREAT, NOT A PROMISE - 3:41

"Sometimes life gets hard, i want to throw it all away, but tomorrow reminds me of what i've lost and convinces me to say"

- Finally, a straight forward McFly song. If this sounds like anything they've done before, it's 'All About You'. This is simply an acoustic filler, loosening everyone up for the final track.

7/10

LUST IN A LONELY CITY - 6:38 (13:42)

"I fell for lust in a lonely city, where the ponds they shimmer and the girls are pretty"

- This track simply takes my breath away.

- Recently described by the band themselves as an 'epic', they were not lying. This is something Coldplay would be proud of. It's the best thing McFly have EVER done, and has to be a 'new direction'. This is their 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'Don't Look Back In Anger' and 'Creep' all wrapped up into one. The whole band sing a verse or two each, yes, the whole band. Even Harry gets his tongue out for this one, singing the ironic line; 'Finally out of the shade, you've waited for this, 5 years and 4 days.' It was hard to pick a key lyric in this track as you can tell each and every line means so much to the band.

- 4 minutes after the end of this track, there's a strange buzzing noise, followed by a large belch (probably from joker Dougie Poynter), and then a acapella chant of 'I, Look Into The Sky'.. teasing the fans once more of the track 'Silence Is A Scary Sound'. The rest of the three minutes that this album plays for is full of random screams and chants that McFly fans are probably more familiar to than me... they include: 'Blood, Sweat, Tears, Four More Years!', 'We're The Young, We're Alright!', then a recorded version of the boys chanting 'We Don't Care', from 'One For The Radio'.

All in all, this is finally the real McFly.

Whether it's because they've left their record label, or whether they just dare to now, this is finally the album that will send them into outer space. A definate number one across the world, and a definate 'must-have' in the record collection, next to 'Definately Maybe', 'The Joshua Tree' and 'American Idiot'
Tilbage til toppen Go down
McFlyLover<3
Star Girl
Star Girl
McFlyLover<3

Antal indlæg : 1357
Registration date : 03/03/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyTors Jun 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Cool! Tak for at ligge det herind, havde nemlig ikke læst det før.. Kan bare ikke vente til det nye album kommer!! Vil købe det lige så snart jeg kan få fat på det!!! Very Happy Når jeg endelig får det, tror jeg at jeg vil skrue max op og hoppe rundt i hele huset !! cheers Skal nok blive sjovt.. lol!
Sidsel
Star Girl
Star Girl
Sidsel

Antal indlæg : 932
Registration date : 30/12/07

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyTors Jun 12, 2008 6:43 pm

det lyder rigtig godt (:

tak for du puttede det ind, jeg har nemlig heller ikk set det..

hvad er Indie for en genre egentlig??
ManiPunk
Little Joanna
Little Joanna
ManiPunk

Antal indlæg : 222
Registration date : 19/02/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyTors Jun 12, 2008 9:54 pm

McFLYxSidsel skrev:
det lyder rigtig godt (:
tak for du puttede det ind, jeg har nemlig heller ikk set det..
hvad er Indie for en genre egentlig??

Så vidt jeg ved bruges "Indie" om bands, der ikke har et stort pladeselskab i ryggen..
Hverken til at støtte op økonomisk, men heller ikke til at bestemme i hvilken retning bandet skal gå..
Eftersom McFly har lavet deres eget pladeselskab er det vist ok at kalde dem et indie-band, selvom jeg selv oftest bruger det om mindre kendte bands med lidt stille/alternativ musik...
http://www.twitter.com/zoemoi
Sidsel
Star Girl
Star Girl
Sidsel

Antal indlæg : 932
Registration date : 30/12/07

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyTors Jun 12, 2008 10:01 pm

når ok (:
hehe ej og jeg troede det var en genre haha (:
NannaBoelt
Star Girl
Star Girl
NannaBoelt

Antal indlæg : 1092
Registration date : 03/05/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyFre Jun 13, 2008 11:31 am

Er jeg den eneste der bare ikke kan vente på deres aldum mere ?
Glæder mig mere og mere hver gang der komme noget nyt fra drengene ! geek
Ann-Jones
Admin
Admin
Ann-Jones

Antal indlæg : 2885
Registration date : 02/01/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyFre Jun 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Jeg læste det på facebook, sys det er nogle fede sang titler Razz
glæder mig til at høre Danny's sang... de er altid så meningsfulde og dybe!
Oh who am i kidding, jeg glæder mig til at høre ALLE sange...!
McFlyLover<3
Star Girl
Star Girl
McFlyLover<3

Antal indlæg : 1357
Registration date : 03/03/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyFre Jun 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Glæder mig også mere og mere! Kommer til at gå rundt med et kæmpe smil i ansigtet den dag det udkommer! Og er alllerede begyndt at tælle ned.. Very Happy
NannaBoelt
Star Girl
Star Girl
NannaBoelt

Antal indlæg : 1092
Registration date : 03/05/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyFre Jun 13, 2008 11:56 pm

McFlyLover<3 skrev:
Glæder mig også mere og mere! Kommer til at gå rundt med et kæmpe smil i ansigtet den dag det udkommer! Og er alllerede begyndt at tælle ned.. Very Happy

tro mig du er ikke den eneste -. .. Surprised
Line
Admin
Admin
Line

Antal indlæg : 1418
Registration date : 10/01/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyLør Jun 14, 2008 12:18 am

Dannys-Princess skrev:
McFlyLover<3 skrev:

tro mig du er ikke den eneste -. .. Surprised

Overhovedet ikke den eneste! cheers
McFlyAreMyHeroes
Little Joanna
Little Joanna
McFlyAreMyHeroes

Antal indlæg : 214
Registration date : 01/01/08

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review EmptyLør Jun 14, 2008 2:17 pm

aaaargh man. hvorfor går der så lang tid til det udkommer? Suspect
http://www.myspace.com/mcflyaremyheroes
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Nyt om McFly's album- review   Nyt om McFly's album- review Empty

Nyt om McFly's album- review
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» DO YA - review fra BBC Radio 1!
» review fra manchester!
» Nottingham review - awesome!!
» review af do ya/stay with me! rigtig godt!!
» McFLY tour review fra Aberdeen *SPOILER*

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
 :: Snak, snak, snak! :: McFly generelt-
Gå til: